World Arabic Language Day Is On 18 December
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
20 December 2021 Current Affairs:Every year on 18 December, the world celebrates World Arabic Language Day.
- One of the pillars of humanity’s cultural variety is the Arabic language.
- It is one of the most frequently spoken languages globally, with over 400 million people speaking it daily.
- This day aims to enhance awareness of the language’s history, culture, and growth by putting together a particular schedule of activities and events.
- The theme of this year’s World Arabic Language Day is “The Arabic Language and Civilizational Communication,”.
- It is viewed as a call to underline the Arabic language’s critical role in bridging cultural, scientific, literary, and other gaps between people.
- The United Nations has decided to commemorate the Arabic language on 18 December, the anniversary of General Assembly Resolution 3190 (XXVIII) of 18 December 1973, which called for the Arabic language to be included among the UN’s official and working languages.