WADA Accreditation Provided For National Dope Testing Laboratory
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
30 December 2021 Current Affairs:The accreditation of the National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) in accordance with the International Standard for Laboratories (ISL) has been restored by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), which had been suspended since August 2019.
- Anti-Doping testing and activities at the NDTL will resume immediately as a result of this.
- In order to strengthen its research and anti-doping efforts, NDTL has collaborated with other WADA accredited laboratories.
- India is currently ranked third on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) global list of dope violators, trailing only Russia.
- The NDTL’s suspension barred it from engaging in any anti-doping activities, including all urine and blood sample analyses.
- Because of the high cost of sending samples abroad, the anti-doping program had become prohibitively expensive for the country.
- World Anti-Doping Agency President is Craig Reedie and Founder is Dick Pound.
- The World Anti-Doping Agency Founded on 10 November 1999 and is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.