Top Current Affairs 31 October 2021 ~ Free Job Alert 2021
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
Top Current Affairs 31 October 2021
Top Current Affairs 31 October 2021: This post contains the current affairs for 31 October 2021 that are important for competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, other Insurance exams. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
India’s biggest aromatic garden opened in Nainital, Uttarakhand
- The biggest aromatic garden of India has been unveiled at Lalkuan in Nainital district of Uttarakhand.
- The garden has been developed by the research wing of Uttarakhand forest department over an area of 3 acre.
- The project has been funded under CAMPA (Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority) scheme of the central government.
- The garden houses around 140 different species of aromatic species from across India such as Chandan, Tulsi, Parijat, etc.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh launches ‘Samudrayan Project’-India’s First and Unique Manned Ocean Mission
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences Dr Jitendra Singh officially launched India’s First Manned Ocean Mission called “Samudrayan project” at Chennai on October 29, 2021.
- The Unique Ocean Mission aims to have deep underwater manned vehicles for carrying out subsea activities.
- The deep water manned submersible has been code named as the ‘MATSYA 6000’.
- It is developed by Chennai-based National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT).
- The technology will help to conduct deep ocean exploration of the non-living resources located at a depth of about 1000 and 5500 meters, such as polymetallic manganese nodules, gas hydrates, hydro-thermal sulphides and cobalt crusts.
- With this technology, India joins the the elite club of nations such as USA, Russia, Japan, France and China to have such underwater vehicle.
National Commission For Women Launches Legal Awareness Programme For Women in partnership with With NALSA
- The National Commission for Women (NCW) in collaboration with National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) has launched a Legal Awareness Program for Women, titled “Empowerment of Women through Legal Awareness”.
- Objective: to impart practical knowledge to women about legal rights and remedies provided under various women-related laws, and hence making them fit to face the challenges in real-life situations.
- It is a pan-India initiative. It was launched at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh by Hon’ble Justice UU Lalit, Judge Supreme Court of India.
- Earlier in 2020, the NCW had launched a pilot project ‘Legal Awareness Programme’ in collaboration with NALSA.
National Small Matchbox Manufacturers Association increases price of matchbox from Re 1 to Rs 2
- National Small Matchbox Manufacturers Association has increased the price of a matchbox from Re.1 to Rs. 2 per box. This will come into effect from December 01, 2021.
- The increase in the price of matchbox has been done after 14 years since last increase in 2007 from 50 paise to Re. 1.
- However, with the increase in the price of matchboxes, the number of matchsticks in each box has also been increased from 36 matchsticks to 50 matchsticks. The increase in price was necessary as the price of all the 14 key raw materials of the matchstick has increased.
World’s Largest Hydrogen Fuel Cell Power Plant Inaugurated in South Korea
- The world’s largest hydrogen fuel cell power plant has been inaugurated at Seo-gu, Incheo in South Korea.
- The plant named ‘Shinincheon Bitdream Fuel Cell Power Plant’ has a total capacity of 78.96 kWh and can provide electricity to nearly 250,000 households per year.
- It will be operated by South Korea’s largest independent power production company, POSCO Energy and Doosan Fuel Cell.
- Total cost of the project is 340 billion won, (around USD 292 million).
Govt approves interest rate on EPF for FY21 at 8.5%
- Ministry of Finance has approved the interest rate on employees’ provident fund (EPF) deposits for 2020-21 at 8.5%. The rate has been kept unchanged as for year 2019-20.
- EPF is one fixed-income instrument that is completely tax-free under the exempt-exempt-exempt (EEE) regime, along with PPF and the Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
- Now the labour ministry will notify the interest rate for it to come into effect.
Loans in News
ADB approves $250 million loan for India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP)
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 250 million (about Rs 1,875 crore) loan to support India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP).
- This is the first subprogram of the programmatic USD 500 million loan to develop 11 industrial corridors spanning 17 states.
- NICDP aims to develop world-class industrial nodes that are supported by efficient urban agglomerations and multimodal connectivity, including international gateways like ports and airports and inclusive, climate-resilient, and sustainable infrastructure.
Fabio Quartararo wins 2021 MotoGP World Champion title
- Fabio Quartararo (From France) who rides for Yamaha has won the 2021 MotoGP World Champion title (Motorcycle).
- So far in 2021, with two races remaining, Fabio Quartararo has was won five races.
- It is Yamaha’s first rider’s title since 2015 when Jorge Lorenzo took his third MotoGP title.
World Savings Day: October 30
- The World Savings Day (formerly known as World Thrift Day) is observed every year on October 30 in India.
- However, the day is observed on October 31 in few countries where this day is a public holiday.
- World Savings Day aims to promote the importance of savings and learn more about the same.
- The theme of World Savings Day 2021 is “Understanding the Importance of Savings”.
- The day was established on October 30, 1924, during the first International Savings Bank Congress (World Society of Savings Banks) in Milan, Italy.
World Cities Day: 31 October
- The United Nations designated World Cities Day (WCD) is marked every year on October 31.
- The first World Cities Day was launched in October 2014 in Shanghai, China.
- WCD aims to promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization, cooperation among countries in addressing challenges of urbanization, and contributing to sustainable urban development around the world.
- The general theme of World Cities Day is Better City, Better Life.
- 2021 Theme of WCD is Adapting cities for climate resilience
- In 2021 the Global Observance will be co-hosted by UN-Habitat and the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt. The event will take place in Luxor.
National Unity Day (Rashtriya Ekta Diwas): 31 October
- The Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is observed every year in India on October 31 since 2014.
- The day is marked to commemorate the birth anniversary of the Iron Man of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- 2021 marks the 146th anniversary of the great leader.
- He played an instrumental role in India’s struggle for independence, and later during the integration of the country.
- Sardar Patel was the first Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of India.
- He is often referred to as the Father of the Indian Constitution
and was a key member of the Constituent Assembly.
Padma Shri awardee eminent oncologist M Krishnan Nair passes away at 81
- Eminent oncologist Dr M Krishnan Nair has passed away following age-related ailments. He was 81.
- Dr Nair was the founder-director of the Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram.
- He was known for setting up one of the largest comprehensive cancer centres in the country.
- In 2001 the Government of India awarded Dr Nair with Padma Shri (the fourth highest civilian award) for his contributions in the cancer care field.