Top Current Affairs 31 March 2021: This post contains the latest current affairs for 31 March 2021 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal inaugurates Ānandam: The Center for Happiness in IIM Jammu
- Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated “Ānandam: The Center for Happiness” virtually on March 30, 2021 at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Jammu.
- The name ‘Ānandam’ is taken from the Indian wisdom tradition where the pure consciousness is being as “anandam”.
- The Centre will work for the well-being of all by incorporating happiness in the academic curriculum of students, which includes knowing the truth, doing good and enjoying the beauty around.
New Zealand becomes only second country after India to pass Miscarriages Bereavement Leave Law
- The New Zealand Parliament has recently passed legislation to provide leave for miscarriage and for stillbirth
- The Bill allows mothers and their partners the right to paid leave following a miscarriage or still birth, without having to tap into sick leave.
- Employees will get three days leave when a pregnancy ends with a stillbirth.
- With this, New Zealand has become only the second country in the world to do so.
- India is the only other country in the world with similar legislation that provides leave for miscarriage and stillbirth.
Indian Navy to participate in French Naval Exercise in Bay of Bengal with QUAD nation
- The Indian Navy is scheduled to participate in France-led naval drill named “La Perouse”, which will be held from April 5 to 7, 2021 in the Bay of Bengal.
- The participating nations also include the other Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) member countries namely Australia, Japan and the United States of America (USA).
- This is the first time that the Indian Navy will take part in ‘La Perouse’. Until now, India was not invited for the French naval exercise.
Winners of Filmfare Awards for 2021
- The 66th Filmfare Awards for the year 2021 were given out on 27 March 2021 to honour artistic and technical excellence in Hindi cinema for the year 2020.
- Anubhav Sinha directed ‘Thappad’ won the most awards with seven.
- List of Winners
Uttarakhand Ranger Mahinder Giri Wins International Ranger Award 2021
- Mahinder Giri, a range officer at Rajaji Tiger Reserve in Uttarakhand has been honored with the prestigious International Ranger Award for his contribution towards conservation.
- He is the only ranger from Asia to win the prize.
- A total of 10 professionals from across the world have been awarded the International Ranger Award for 2021.
- All the winners will receive a uniform patch and their employing organisations will receive US $10,000 (Rs 7,26,150) as prize money, which can be used to support the winner and their team to conduct their work.
- International Ranger Award was created in 2020 through a collaboration between the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) – World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA), the International Ranger Federation, Global Wildlife Conservation, and Conservation Allies.
Thisara Perera becomes first Sri Lankan to hit six Sixes in an Over
- Sri Lankan all-rounder Thisara Perera has become the first cricketer from the island nation to hit six sixes from one over.
- He achieved the feat on March 28, 2021 during a domestic match in Colombo while playing for Army Sports Cricket Club in List A match against Bloomfield Cricket and Athletic Club.
- He scored an unbeaten 52 runs from 13-ball, and thus smashing the second-fastest half-century in List A cricket.
Noted Journalist and Writer Anil Dharker passes away at 74
- Noted journalist and author Anil Dharker has passed away suffering from heart ailment. He was 74.
- Anil Dharker was the founder and director of the Mumbai International Literary Festival, held in November every year.
- During his career spanning five-decade, Dharker had been a columnist and writer, an architect, a member of the advisory committee of the film certification board among other things.
International Day of Drug Checking : 31 March
- The International Day of Drug Checking takes place on March 31 every year since 2017 to ensure people are educated on drugs and aware of their effects.
- The day aims to promote harm reduction initiatives of drugs and reduce drug-related risks.
International Transgender Day of Visibility : 31 March
- The International Transgender Day of Visibility (TDOV) occurs annually on March 31 to raise awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide, as well as a celebrate their contributions to society.
- The day was founded by US-based transgender activist Rachel Crandall of Michigan in 2009.
World Backup Day : 31 March
- World Backup Day is marked every year on March 31 the day aims to reminds us to protect our precious digital documents as we’ve become more reliant on technology.
- It is a day for people to learn about the increasing role of data in our lives and the importance of regular backups.
- Originally, the World Backup Day began as World Backup Month, by a hard drive company named Maxtor which was later acquired by Seagate Technology.