Top Current Affairs 30 October 2021 ~ Free Job Alert 2021
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
Top Current Affairs 30 October 2021
Top Current Affairs 30 October 2021: This post contains the current affairs for 30 October 2021 that are important for competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, other Insurance exams. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Karnataka tops State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2020
- Karnataka state has topped the State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2020. Rajasthan is on second rank followed by Haryana on third.
- State Energy Efficiency Index is released by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE).
- Last year i.e in SEEI 2019 ranking, Rajasthan was on top.
NITI Aayog Releases Report on ‘Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle’
- NITI Aayog has released a comprehensive report titled “Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle”, on October 29, 2021.
- The report highlights the gaps in the health insurance coverage across the country and offers solutions to address the situation.
- The report has a Foreword by NITI Aayog Member Dr V.K. Paul.
- The report has stated that 30% of the Indian population are devoid of health insurance, and has termed them as the “missing middle”
Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya launches 6th edition of National Formulary of India (NFI)
- The Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya launched the 6th edition of National Formulary of India (NFI) on October 28, 2021.
- NFI is published by Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC).
- The main purpose of NFI is to promote rational use of medicines in the country and proves to be beneficial for Clinicians and Healthcare professionals while prescribing the medicines to the patients.
Maharashtra becomes first state launch its own Wildlife Action Plan
- Maharashtra has become the first state in the country to release its own Wildlife Action plan (2021-30).
- The new plan will be a guiding document to frame an action plan for wildlife conservation over the next 10 years.
- The Wildlife Action plan (2021-30) recognises concerns about climate change impacts on wildlife, coastal ecosystems, marine biodiversity, flora and fauna.
Facebook Inc. Rebrands Corporate name as ‘Meta’
- Mark Zuckerberg-owned Facebook Inc has changed the corporate name of the world’s largest social media platform to “Meta” to “reflect its emphasis on building the metaverse vision”
- However, the names of the flagship social network will remain the same.
- With the change in the name, ‘Meta Platforms, Inc. will henceforth be called as the parent organisation of Facebook and its subsidiaries (Instagram, Messenger, Whatsapp, Oculus, Workplace, etc.)
- The term “Meta” is taken from a Greek word which means “beyond” and reflects the futuristic motive.
Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar addresses National Conference on ‘International Year of Fruits and Vegetables’
- The Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar addressed a National Conference on “International Year of Fruits and Vegetables” on October 29, 2021.
- The conference was organised by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare in collaboration with the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- It was held to commemorate 2021 as the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables, as declared by United Nations Organization.
- The theme for International Year of Fruits and Vegetables 2021 is “Awareness about the nutritional benefits of fruits and vegetables for balanced and healthy diet and life style.”
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates 14th Urban Mobility Conference 2021
- The 14th edition of Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference 2021 was held through video-conferencing on October 29, 2021.
- The conference was inaugurated by Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs & Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Hardeep S. Puri from New Delhi.
- The theme of the day long Conference “Mobility for All”.
- It was held under the aegis of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Objective: provide an opportunity to decision makers and delegates to interact with professionals, experts, academia, industry, civil society, technology, services providers and other stake holders in Urban Transport, both domestic and international, to develop their urban transport along a sustainable path, as well as discuss key issues relevant to the sector and suggest measures to address them.
SC forms 3-member independent expert committee to probe Pegasus snooping; Head- RV Raveendran
- The Supreme Court has set up a three-member independent expert committee to investigate into allegations of using Israeli spyware ‘Pegasus’ for surveillance of Indian citizens
- The expert committee will be led by former SC judge RV Raveendran
- Other two member of the committee are Alok Joshi and Dr Sundeep Oberoi.
- The expert committee will supervise the functioning of the technical committee, which is formed to look into the truth or falsity of the allegations of snooping on journalists, activists, politicians, etc, using the Israeli Pegasus spyware.
- The members of the technical committee are: Dr Naveen Kumar Chaudhary, Dr Prabaharan P, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, and Dr Ashwin Anil Gumaste
Government approves reappointment of Shaktikanta Das as Governor of RBI for three-year term
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the reappointment of Shaktikanta Das as the Governor of Reserve Bank of India ( RBI) for a further period of three years with effect from December 10, 2021.
- Mr. Das assumed the charge as the 25th governor of RBI on December 12, 2018 for three years.
- Before his appointment at RBI, Das served as a member of the 15th Finance Commission.
- Mr. Das is a 1980 batch Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer from Tamil Nadu cadre.
Netherlands all-rounder Ryan ten Doeschate announces retirement from international cricket
- Netherlands all-rounder Ryan ten Doeschate has announced his retirement from international cricket on October 28, 2021.
- The 41-year-old has played in 33 ODIs and 24 T20s for the Netherlands.