Top Current Affairs 26 November 2021 ~ Free Job Alert 2022
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
Top Current Affairs 26 November 2021
Top Current Affairs 26 November 2021: This post contains the current affairs for 26 November 2021 that are important for competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, other Insurance exams. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
M Modi lays foundation stone of Noida International Airport at Jewar in UP
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation Stone of Noida International Airport at Jewar in Uttar Pradesh on November 25, 2021.
- The Jewar airport is the second international aerodrome in Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR).
- It is the fifth international airport in Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh has now become the state with the highest number of international airport in India.
- The airport has been developed by Zurich Airport International AG over 1,330 acres of land area.
- The airport is expected to be operational by September 2024.
- Once operational, this airport will be the largest airport of India and the first net zero emissions airport of the country.
Cabinet approves extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) till March 2022
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) for another four months.
- The Phase V of PMGKAY scheme will be operational from December 2021 till March 2022.
- Under the scheme all the beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) receives food grains @ 5 kg per person per month.
- The estimated additional food subsidy for Phase V of the scheme is of Rs. 53344.52 Crore
- The total food-grains outgo for PMGKAY Phase V will be about 163 LMT.
Venkaiah Naidu Represents India at 13th ASEM Summit Virtually
- The 13th edition of the ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Summit has been organised on November 25 and 26, 2021. The Summit is being hosted by Cambodia as ASEM Chair.
- The theme of the two-day ASEM Summit is Strengthening Multilateralism for Shared Growth.
- The Indian delegation is being led by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu through virtual platform.
- The ASEM Summit will bring together countries in Asia and Europe to exchange views on regional and global issues and strengthen cooperation in a wide range of areas.
- ASEM grouping have 51 member countries and two regional organisations — the European Union and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- The 2021 summit marks the 25th anniversary of the ASEM process.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh virtually inaugurates 5th World Congress on Disaster Management at IIT Delhi
- The fifth edition of the World Congress on Disaster Management (WCDM) was virtually inaugurated by the Union Defence minister Shri Rajnath Singh on November 24, 2021.
- The event has been organised at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi campus from November 24-27, 2021.
- The theme of the 5th WCDM is Technology, Finance and Capacity for Building Resilience to Disasters in the Contexts of Covid-19.
- WCDM is a unique initiative of Disaster Management Initiatives and Convergence Society (DMICS) Hyderabad to bring researchers, policy makers and practitioners from around the world on a common platform to discuss various challenging issues of disaster risk management.
- The first WCDM was held in 2008 in Hyderabad and inaugurated by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam.
15th Biennial Trilateral Coast Guard Exercise ‘Dosti’ Between India, Maldives & Sri Lanka Concludes
- The 15th edition of the biennial Trilateral Coast Guard Exercise ‘Dosti’ between the Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka was held from November 20 to 24 in Maldives.
- Indian Coast Guard was represented by ICGS Vajra and ICGS Apoorva.
- The aim of this exercise is to further strengthen the friendship, enhance mutual operational capability, and interoperability and build cooperation between the Coast Guards of the three nations.
- Exercise Dosti was launched in 1991 between Indian and Maldives Coast Guards.
- Sri Lanka joined the drill for the first time in 2012.
Banking & Economy
Moody’s Projects India’s GDP growth forecast in FY22 at 9.3%; FY23 at 7.9%
- Moody’s Investors Service has projected the GDP growth rate prediction for India for FY22 and FY23 as follows:
- India’s GDP growth rate prediction for FY22 as per Moody’s : 9.3%.
- India’s GDP growth rate prediction for FY23 as per Moody’s : 7.9%.
Govt changes base year for Wage Rate Index (WRI) from 1963-65 to 2016
- Ministry of Labour & Employment has changed the base year for Wage Rate Index (WRI) from 1963-65=100 to 2016=100.
- The government had formed an Expert Group on Minimum Wages & National Floor Wages headed by Prof. S.P.Mukherjee. Based on the recommendation of this committee, the base year has been changed.
- Further, new series of Wage Rate Index (WRI) from July 2016 to July 2020 based on the new series 2016=100 has been released by the government. This is compiled and maintained by Labour Bureau, an attached office of Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- A total of 37 industries have been covered in the new WRI basket (2016=100) as against 21 industries in the 1963-65=100 series.
- The New WRI Series with base 2016=100 would be compiled twice a year on a point-to-point half-yearly basis, as on 1st January and 1st July of every year.
ADB approves USD1.5 bn loan to India for COVID-19 vaccine procurement
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved $1.5 billion loan (approx Rs 11,185 crore) to help the Government of India purchase safe and effective vaccines against the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The fund will be used to procure at least 66.7 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses for an estimated 31.7 crore people of the country.
Books & Author
Art historian BN Goswamy pens book on Indian arts titled ‘Conversations’
- Renowned art historian and critic Brijinder Nath Goswamy has announced his new book based on and around the Indian arts.
- The book is titled “Conversations: India’s Leading Art Historian Engages with 101 themes, and More”.
- The new book will be published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI) and will hit stands in 2022.
Indian Constitution Day: 26 November
- In India, the Constitution Day is observed every year on November 26 to mark the anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution of the country.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Indian Constitution Day celebrations organised by the Supreme Court, on November 26, 2018 in New Delhi.
- On 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, and it came into effect on 26 January 1950.
National Milk Day: 26 November
- Every year November 26 is celebrated as National Milk Day in India.
- The day is being observed since 2014 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the Father of India’s White Revolution, Dr. Verghese Kurien.
- Dr. Verghese Kurien is also nicknamed as Milkman of India.
- The day was fixed by all the dairy majors of the country including the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), the Indian Dairy Association (IDA), along with 22 state level milk federations.
Former South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan passes away at 90
- Former South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan has passed away due to cancer.
- He was 90 years old.
- The South Korean politician was also a former army general, who led 1979 military coup that sparked massive democracy protests in the country.
- He had served as the fifth president of South Korea from 1980 to 1988.