Top Current Affairs 20 November 2021 ~ Free Job Alert 2022
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
Top Current Affairs 20 November 2021
Top Current Affairs 20 November 2021: This post contains the current affairs for 20 November 2021 that are important for competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, other Insurance exams. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Telangana’s Pochampally village named among Best Tourism Villages by UNWTO
- The Pochampally village in Telangana has been selected for the ‘Best Tourism Villages’ award by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO).
- The award will be presented on December 2, 2021, in Madrid, Spain on the occasion of the 24th session of the UNWTO General Assembly.
- The ‘Best Tourism Villages’ by UNWTO pilot initiative aims to award those villages which are outstanding examples of rural destinations and showcase good practices in line with its specified nine evaluation areas.
- Pochampally village in Nalgonda district is also referred to as the silk city of India for its exquisite sarees woven through a unique style called Ikat.
- The Pochampally Ikat received Geographical Indicator (GI Status) in 2004.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh dedicates renovated Rezang La Memorial to the nation at Chushul in Ladakh
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh dedicated to the Nation renovated Rezang La War Memorial (Ahir Dham) at Chushul in Ladakh on November 18, 2021.
- Rezang La is a mountain pass on the Line of Actual Control between India and China, where the Indian troops fought Chinese soldiers in 1962.
- The Memorial was constructed in 1963 in the Chushul plains, at an altitude of over 15,000 feet to honour the troops of Charlie Company of 13 KUMAON Regiment.
PM Modi visits Mahoba and Jhansi district in Uttar Pradesh
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the Nation various developmental projects in Mahoba and Jhansi district of Uttar Pradesh on November 19, 2021.
- At Mahoba, Prime Minister inaugurated multiple projects with cumulative cost of more than Rs. 3250 Crore, related to alleviating the issue of water shortage in the region.
- These projects include Arjun Sahayak Project, Ratauli Weir Project, Bhaoni Dam Project and Majhgaon–Chilli Sprinkler Project.
- In Jhansi, Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of 600 MW Ultramega Solar Power Park at Garautha, constructed at a cost of over Rs 3000 crore.
- He also inaugurated Atal Ekta Park in Jhansi, named after former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Maharashtra government appoints Salman Khan as Covid vaccination ambassador
- Maharashtra Government has roped in veteran Bollywood actor Salman Khan as vaccine ambassador for campaigning and appealing to people to take both the jabs of the Covid vaccine, especially in Muslim-dominated areas.
- The decision of the state authority to onboard Salman Khan comes after observing hesitancy among people in Muslim majority areas for the vaccine.
- As an ambassador, Salman Khan will persuade people to get vaccinated.
- This step will also ensure better vaccination counts in the state.
Paytm Money launches AI-powered ‘Voice Trading’ facility
- Paytm Money, a wholly-owned subsidiary of fintech platform Paytm, has launched Voice Trading, powered by artificial intelligence.
- Voice Trading facility will allow users to place a trade or get information about stocks through single voice command.
- The service will enable the user to buy and sell securities by speaking out the command.
SIDBI joins hand with Google for $15 million financial assistance programme to help MSMEs
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has collaborated with Google on November 18, 2021 to launch $15 million financial assistance program for micro-enterprises.
- The one-of-a-kind programme by SIDBI is launched as a crisis response related to Covid-19 to reinvigorate the MSME sector in India.
- Total corpus : USD 15 million or Rs 110 crore
- Target Group: Micro Enterprises with turnover up to Rs 5 crore
- Loan size: Ranging between Rs 25 lakh to Rs 1 crore
- Loans will be disbursed by SIDBI. The programme is completely paperless from onboarding to the disbursal stage.
- Business owned by Women and businesses engaged in the production of Covid-19 combating equipment will be prioritised, with suitable interest rate concession.
India Ranks 82nd in TRACE Global Business Bribery Risk Rankings 2021
- India is placed at 82nd position in the TRACE Bribery Risk Matrix 2021. The country stood at 77 position in 2020.
- India has achieved the score of 44 in a global list that measures business bribery risks in 2021.
- North Korea, Turkmenistan, Venezuela and Eritrea showed highest commercial bribery risk.
- Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and New Zealand reported lowest bribery risk.
- The TRACE Matrix list is released by TRACE International, an anti-bribery standard setting organisation, which measures business bribery risk in 194 countries, territories, and autonomous and semi-autonomous regions.
- The score is based on four factors, which are business interactions with the government, anti-bribery deterrence and enforcement, government and civil service transparency, and capacity for civil society oversight which includes the role of the media.
Alexander Zverev Beats Frances Tiafoe to win 2021 Erste Bank Open
- In Tennis, Alexander Zverev (Germany) defeated America’s Frances Tiafoe 7-5, 6-4 to win the 2021 Erste Bank Open in Vienna.
- This is his fifth ATP title of the season and 18th overall.
- Meanwhile, in doubles competition, Colombia’s Robert Farah and Juan Sebastian Cabal beat Joe Salisbury of the UK and Rajeev Ram of the USA to win the doubles title.
Badminton legend Prakash Padukone to be presented Lifetime Achievement Award by Badminton World Federation
- Indian badminton legend Prakash Padukone has been selected for the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award for 2021 by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Council.
- The former world no 1 has already been honored with Badminton Association of India’s (BAI) Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018.
- Padukone is the first-ever Indian to win medal at World Championships in 1983 Copenhagen tournament.
World Children’s Day : 20 November
- The Universal/World Children’s Day is celebrated on 20 November annually to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children’s welfare.
- 2021 Theme: A Better Future for Every Child
- The day also marks the anniversary of adoption of Declaration and Convention of the Rights of the Child.
- In 1959, UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child
- In 1989 UN General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- 2021 marks the 32nd anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.