Top Current Affairs 19 November 2021 ~ Free Job Alert 2021
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
Top Current Affairs 19 November 2021
Top Current Affairs 19 November 2021: This post contains the current affairs for 19 November 2021 that are important for competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, other Insurance exams. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Union Minister Piyush Goyal inaugurates India’s first food museum in Tamil Nadu’s Thanjavur
- The Union Minister for Commerce, Industry, Food and Public Distribution, Shri Piyush Goyal inaugurated India’s first Food Museum at Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu on November 15, 2021 through virtual platform.
- The Food Security Museum showcases India’s agri revolution story from being dependent to becoming self-sufficient and one of the largest food grain exporters nations.
- The museum has been established by the Food Corporation of India (FCI) as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebration.
- FCI and Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museums, Bangalore, have co-developed the museum at an estimated cost of Rs 1.1 crore over 1,860-sqft area.
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates Adarsh Village ‘Sui’ in Haryana’s Bhiwani
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind visited Sui village in Bhiwani district of Haryana on November 17, 2021 to inaugurate various public facilities in the village.
- This village is being developed as Adarsh Gram (Model village) by Mahadevi Parameshwaridas Jindal Charitable Trust under Swa-Prerit Adarsh Gram Yojana (SPAGY) scheme of Haryana Government.
- The Jindal trust has undertaken developmental works of over Rs 25 crore to transform Sui into an ADARSH VILLAGE.
- It must be noted that Bhiwani is the first district in India where two Presidents have visited. Prior to this President APJ Abdul Kalam visited Bhiwani in 2007.
Uttar Pradesh’s first Anti-Air Pollution Tower inaugurated in Noida
- The Union Minister of Heavy Industries Mahendra Nath Pandey inaugurated the first air pollution control tower of the state of Uttar Pradesh in Noida on November 17, 2021.
- The Air Pollution Control Tower (APCT) prototype has been developed by state-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel).
- The indigenously developed APCT is set up between the DND flyway and the slip road to Noida Expressway.
- The tower will help to mitigate the rising air pollution problem in the city.
PM Modi virtually delivers keynote address at The Sydney Dialogue
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered keynote address at The Sydney Dialogue on November 18, 2021 via video conferencing.
- PM addressed the event on the theme ‘India’s technology evolution and revolution’.
- The Sydney Dialogue has been organised from November 17-19, 2021 by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.
- The event will bring together political, business and government leaders to debate, generate new ideas and work towards common understandings of the opportunities and challenges posed by emerging and critical technologies.
Loans in News
AIIB approves USD 150 million loan for implementation of Sustainable Urban services program for Chennai Metropolitan Area
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved USD 150 million loan for the Government of India for the implementation of the Sustainable Urban services program for Chennai Metropolitan Area (CMA).
- The CMA project will cover the core urban services, including water resource management, water supply and sewerage, urban mobility, solid waste management, and public health.
- India is the largest beneficiary of AIIB receiving loan of around USD 6.8 billion for 29 projects.
Centre extends Sanjay Kumar Mishra’s tenure as ED Director for one year till November 2022
- The Ministry of Finance has extended the tenure of Sanjay Kumar Mishra, the Director of Enforcement Directorate (ED), for one year until November 18, 2022.
- Mishra’s extension comes following the introduction of The Central Vigilance Commission Amendment Ordinance 2021.
- This is the second extension being given to Mishra. His first extended tenure was ending on November 18, 2021.
- Mishra was first time appointed as the ED director for a period of two years on November 19, 2018.
India re-elected to UNESCO Executive Board for 2021-25 term with 164 votes
- India has been re-elected to the Executive Board of UNESCO for the term 2021-25 on November 17, 2021.
- India received 164 votes to get re-elected to four-year term of office.
- Apart from India, Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Cook Islands and China have also been elected in Group IV Asian and Pacific States category.
- UNESCO Executive Board consists of 58 member-states each with a four-year term of office.
Spain’s Garbine Muguruza wins 2021 WTA Finals
- In tennis, Garbine Muguruza of Spain beat Anett Kontaveit of Estonia, 6-3, 7-5 in the final to claim her first WTA Final title on November 17, 2021.
- Muguruza is also the first Spaniard to win the WTA Finals.
- In doubles, Czech’s Barbora Krejčíková and Kateřina Siniaková defeated Hsieh Su-wei (Chinese Taipei) and Elise Mertens (Belgium) 6–3, 6–4
National Newborn Week 2021: 15-21 November
- In India, the National Newborn Week is observed every year from 15 to 21 November.
- Purpose: to reinforce the importance of newborn health as a key priority area of the health sector and reduce the infant mortality rate by improving healthcare conditions for babies in the neonatal period.
- The theme of National Newborn Week 2021 is ‘Safety, quality and nurturing care – birth right of every newborn’.
World Antimicrobial Awareness Week: 18-24 November
- The World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) is celebrated every year from 18-24 November.
- Purpose: increase awareness of global antimicrobial resistance, encourage best practices among the general public, health workers and policy makers to avoid the further emergence and spread of drug-resistant infections.
- Theme 2021 : Spread Awareness, Stop Resistance.
- The theme calls on One Health stakeholders, policymakers, health care providers, and the general public to be Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Awareness champions.
- The antimicrobial resistance (AMR) has been declared as one of the top 10 global health threats by the World Health Organization (WHO).
World Toilet Day: 19 November
- World Toilet Day (WTD) is observed every year on 19 November to inspire action to tackle the global sanitation crisis.
- The day was established by the World Toilet Organization in 2001 and officially declared by UN General Assembly in 2013.
- 2021 theme– “valuing toilets”.
Veteran sports commentator and football pundit Novy Kapadia passes away at 68
- Veteran author, football journalist and sports commentator Novy Kapadia has passed away due to health complications. He was 68.
- Kapadia was often called as ‘the voice of Indian football’.
- The noted commentator had covered nine FIFA World Cups, as well as Olympics, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games.
- As an author, Kapadia had written books like Barefoot To Boots, The Many Lives Of Indian Football among others.