Top Current Affairs 15 November 2021 ~ Free Job Alert 2021
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
Top Current Affairs 15 November 2021
Top Current Affairs 15 November 2021: This post contains the current affairs for 15 November 2021 that are important for competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, other Insurance exams. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Centre brings ordinance to extend tenure of CBI & ED Directors to 5 years from present 2 years
- On November 14, 2021, the central government of India promulgated two ordinances for extending the tenure of Directors of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for up to five years.
- Currently the chiefs of both central agencies have a tenure of two years.
- The two new ordinances brought are “The Central Vigilance Commission (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021” and “The Delhi Special Police Establishment (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021”.
- As per the new ordinance the Directors of CBI or ED can now be appointed first for a period of two years, and later if needed, the tenure can be extended for three more years. But it will require three separate annual extensions.
- However, after five years no extension can be granted to an ED or CBI chief.
Telangana’s Bhadrachalam added as destination in IRCTC’s Ramayana Circuit train
- The Hindu pilgrimage site Bhadrachalam in Telangana has been added as one of the destinations in the Ramayana Circuit of the Pilgrim Special Train of IRCTC.
- The Ramayana Circuit Train will connect all the important locations across the country associated with the life of Lord Rama.
- The Ramayana Yatra special train was inaugurated from Delhi on November 7 and will return to Delhi on November 23 after 17 days journey.
- The request to add the holy temple of Bhadrachalam was made by Union Minister for Culture and Tourism Shri G. Kishan Reddy.
Bhopal’s Habibganj Railway Station renamed as Rani Kamlapati Station
- The Habibganj railway station in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh has been renamed after 18th-century Gond Queen of Bhopal, Rani Kamlapati.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the revamped Rani Kamlapati railway station on November 15, during his visit to Bhopal.
- The railway station has been redeveloped with modern airport-like amenities at a cost of Rs 450 crore under Public Private Partnership mode in three years.
- Rani Kamlapati was the last Hindu queen of Bhopal and pride of the Gond community.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates first operationalised private sector defence manufacturing facility in Lucknow
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the first operationalised private sector defence manufacturing facility in Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor (UPDIC) in Lucknow on November 13, 2021.
- The facility will be run by Aerolloy Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of PTC Industries Limited.
- It will manufacture parts for Aircraft Engines, Helicopter Engines, Structural parts for aircrafts, Drones and UAV, Submarines, Ultra-Light Artillery Guns, Space Launch Vehicles and Strategy Systems.
32nd Indo-Thai CORPAT Begins in Andaman Sea
- The 32nd edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) was conducted from November 12 to 14, 2021 in the Andaman Sea.
- The Indian Navy was represented by Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk while the Royal Thai Navy participated with Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Tayanchon in the three day coordinated patrol
- The bi-annual CORPAT exercise is conducted between the two navies since 2005 along their International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL).
- CORPAT builds up understanding and interoperability between navies and develops measures to prevent and suppress unlawful activities like Illegal Unreported Unregulated (IUU) fishing, drug trafficking, maritime terrorism, armed robbery and piracy.
Former CBDT Chief PC Mody appointed as new Secretary General of Rajya Sabha
- Pramod Chandra Mody has been appointed as the new secretary general of Rajya Sabha.
- Mr Modi is a 1982-batch retired IRS officer and former chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- He replaces P.P.K. Ramacharyulu, who was appointed to the post on September 01, 2021.
- Ramacharyulu has now been appointed as an adviser to the Rajya Sabha chairman.
Books & Author
Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar releases a book titled ‘FORCE IN STATECRAFT’
- India’s Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar released a book titled ‘FORCE IN STATECRAFT’ on November 13, 2021 in New Delhi.
- The book is a compilation of essays on topics such as counter-insurgency operations, conflict in North East, air power, nuclear posture etc. contributed by all stalwarts of the Armed Forces, who have vast operational experience and understanding of several important cornerstones of forces and its application.
- It has been compiled by Commandant of National Defence College (NDC) Air Marshal Diptendu Choudhury and President’s Chair of Excellence at NDC Air Vice Marshal (Dr) Arjun Subramaniam (Retd).
- The first of its kind book from NDC will help policy makers, legislators, diplomats, academics, leadership at all levels in the various national security verticals.
Book Titled “Unshackling India: Hard Truths and Clear Choices for Economic Revival” by Ajay Chhibber and Salman Anees Soz to hit stands on November 29
- A new book on Indian economy titled “UNSHACKLING INDIA : Hard Truths and Clear Choices for Economic Revival” is set to be released on November 29, 2021.
- The book has been authored by Ajay Chhibber and Salman Anees Soz.
- It presents a wide-ranging and thorough overview of the reforms needed for the Indian economy as well as a definitive roadmap to make India a genuinely developed economy by 2047.
Women’s cricket T20 tournament to make debut in 2022 Commonwealth Games
- The Women’s cricket tournament will be making its debut at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England.
- This will be first time that women cricket will be included in the Commonwealth Games.
- The last time cricket was played was List A men’s tournament at the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- The 2022 matches will be played under Twenty20 format and there will only be a women’s tournament.
- The opening match on the schedule will be between Australia and India at the Edgbaston Stadium on July 29.
Former Vishwa Hindu Parishad Vice President Anand Shankar Pandya Passes Away
- Former Vice President of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), Anand Shankar Pandya, has passed away.
- He was over 99 years old.
- Pandya Ji was a prolific author and public intellectual.
- He wrote extensively on history, public policy and spirituality.