Top Current Affairs 12 November 2021 ~ Free Job Alert 2021
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
Top Current Affairs 12 November 2021
Top Current Affairs 12 November 2021: This post contains the current affairs for 12 November 2021 that are important for competitive exams like IBPS PO and Clerk, SBI PO and Clerk, RBI Assistant and Grade B, other Insurance exams. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
President Ramnath Kovind addresses 51st Conference of Governors & LGs in New Delhi
- India’s President Shri Ram Nath Kovind addressed the 51st Conference of Governors and Lieutenant Governors at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- It is the fourth conference to be presided over by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The Governors and Lieutenant Governors from all states and union territories across the country attended the conference along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, and Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- The previous conference was held in 2019.
- The conference of governors is being held since India’s Independence.
- The first conference of governors was held in 1949 at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- It was presided over by C Rajagopalachari, the last Governor-General of India.
Odisha government launches road safety initiative ‘Rakshak’
- The state government of Odisha has launched a first of its kind road safety initiative named Rakshak, to train first responders of road accidents.
- Under the program, 300 master trainers will train 30,000 local people, staying or working at the eateries and different business establishments located near accident-prone spots.
- These 30,000 volunteers will be trained as First Responders to road accidents.
- They will be equipped to administer first aid and pre-hospital trauma care to accident victims within the golden hour.
SpaceX launches Indian-origin astronaut Raja Chari-led Crew 3 mission to ISS
- US Space agency NASA and the Elon Musk-owned private rocket company SpaceX have launched “Crew 3” mission on November 10, 2021
- Under this mission, four astronauts have been sent to the International Space Station (ISS) for a six-month science mission until April 2022.
- The four member international crew of astronauts lifted off from Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida onboard SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule named Endurance fixed to Falcon 9 rocket.
- The “Crew 3” mission consists of Indian-origin NASA astronaut Raja Chari as its mission commander.
- The other three astronauts are NASA’s Tom Marshburn (pilot); and Kayla Barron (mission specialist); as well as ESA (European Space Agency) astronaut Matthias Maurer (mission specialist).
Nykaa CEO Falguni Nayar becomes India’s richest self-made woman
- Falguni Nayar, the CEO and founder of beauty and fashion eCommerce platform Nykaa, has become the richest self-made woman in India. She founded Nykaa in the year 2012.
- She holds 53.5% stake in Nykaa and has a net worth of USD 7.48 billion.
- This comes after the IPO of FSN E-Commerce Ventures which is Nykaa’s parent entity. This is also the first woman-led unicorn to list on the stock exchange.
- The issue size of IPO of FSN E-Commerce Ventures (Nykaa) was Rs 5,351.92 crore with facevalue of Rs 1 per share.
Rajeev Srivastava appointed as CEO of Standard Chartered Securities
- Rajeev Srivastava has been appointed as the chief executive officer (CEO) at Standard Chartered Securities for India operations.
- His appointment is subject to regulatory approvals
- Before this, Rajeev Srivastava worked at HDFC Securities where he headed the products and business development functions of the organisation.
India’s first National Yogasana Sports Championships organised in Bhubaneswar
- India’s first Physical National Yogasana Championships has been organised in Bhubaneswar, Odisha from November 11-13, 2021.
- The National Yogasana Sports Championships 2021-22 has been organised by the National Yogasana Sports Federation (NYSF) in association with the Odisha state.
- Around 560 young Yogasana Sports athletes from across 30 states would are taking part in the event.
- The event aims to promote yoga and create a global brand around it, portraying it as a competitive sport with high standards and benchmarks.
Novak Djokovic beat Daniil Medvedev to win 2021 Paris Masters title
- In Tennis, Novak Djokovic defeated Daniil Medvedev 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 to win the 2021 Rolex Paris Masters final title on November 07, at Bercy.
- This is the sixth Paris Masters title for the Serbian Djokovic and overall 37th ATP Masters 1000 title.
- The Rolex Paris Masters is the annual tennis tournament for male professional players.
- It is a part of the ATP Tour Masters 1000.
West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo retires from international cricket
- West Indies allrounder Dwayne Bravo has announced retirement from international cricket on November 06, 2021.
- The 38-year-old has earlier announced his plan to retire from international cricket after the conclusion of the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup campaign
- He played his last T20I match against Australia.
- Bravo has played 91 T20s for the West Indies after making his debut against New Zealand at Auckland in 2006.
- Dwayne Bravo is the highest wicket-taker for the West Indies in T20Is.
India Observes Ayurveda Day on 02 November 2021
- In India, the ‘Ayurveda Day’ is observed every year on the occasion of Dhanwantari Jayanti (Dhanteras). Dhanvantari is the Hindu god of medicine
- The day was declared by the Ministry of AYUSH, in 2016, to focus on the strengths of Ayurveda and its unique treatment principles.
- In 2021, India is observing the 6th National Ayurveda Day on 02 November 2021.
- The theme of the 2021 National Ayurveda Day is Ayurveda for Poshana (Nutrition).
World Pneumonia Day: 12 November
- The World Pneumonia Day is observed across the world on November 12 every year to raise awareness, promote prevention and treatment and produce action to combat the disease.
- World Pneumonia Day 2020 is an annual event that was first celebrated in the year 2009.
Public Service Broadcasting Day: 12 November
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated every year on November 12 to commemorate the first and only visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
- Mahatma Gandhi addressed the displaced people (refugee from Pakistan), who had temporarily settled at Kurukshetra in Haryana after partition.
Nobel Laureate and former South African President FW de Klerk passes away at 85
- FW (Frederik Willem) de Klerk, the former president of South Africa and the last white person to head the country, has passed away due to cancer.
- He was 85.
- De Klerk was head of state between September 1989 and May 1994.
- In 1993, De Klerk and Nelson Mandela jointly received the Nobel Peace Prize for their work towards ending apartheid.