The 17th Raising Day Is Celebrated By NDRF
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
19 January 2022 Current Affairs:On January 19, 2022, the NDRF commemorated its 17th Raising Day.
- Since its inception on January 19, 2006, the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) has celebrated Raising Day every year on January 19.
- The NDRF will celebrate its 17th Raising Day in 2022.
- There are 12 NDRF battalions located throughout the country, with up to 13,000 NDRF personnel working to make the country safer.
- With its selfless service and unrivaled professionalism in disaster management, the NDRF has earned a good name and fame both nationally and internationally.
- In its 3100 operations, the NDRF has saved over one lakh lives and rescued/evacuated over 6.7 lakh people during disasters.
- The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is an Indian specialized force established by the National Disaster Management Authority under the Disaster Management Act of 2005 to carry out special responses in disaster-threatening situations.
- It was Formed in 2006, under the National Disaster Management Authority.
- The NDRF’s leader is known as the Director-General. The NDRF’s Director Generals are IPS officers on deputation from Indian police forces.
- A three-star officer is the Director-General. The current Director Generals of NDRF is Atul Karwal