Ten Athletes Added To The TOPS List
17 January 2022 Current Affairs:Ten more athletes have been added to the TOPS list by Mission Olympic Cell.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports’ Mission Olympic Cell has added ten athletes to the roster of athletes who would get assistance there under the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS).
- There are a total of ten new entrants, five of whom are in the Core group and five in the Development group.
- The overall number of athletes participating in TOPS has risen to 301, with 107 in the Core group and 294 in the Development group.
- TOPS (Target Olympic Podium Scheme) is a Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports flagship program that began in September 2014 and was updated in April 2018.
Core Group Athletes:
- Aditi Ashok (Golf)
- Fouaad Mirza (Horse Rider/ Equestrian)
- Anirban Lahiri (Golf)
- Diksha Dagar (Golf)
- Mohammed Arif Khan (Alpine Skiier )
- Shubhankar Sharma (Golf)
- Tvesa Malik (Golf)
- Yash Ghangas (Judo)
- Unnati Sharma (Judo)
- Linthoi Chanambam (Judo)