Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar Launched Minister of State Subhas Sarkar
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
19 January 2022 Current Affairs:Subhas Sarkar, Minister of State for Education, has virtually initiated the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar (SVP) 2021 – 2022.
- The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar recognizes, inspires, and awards schools that have done outstanding work in the fields of water, sanitation, and hygiene, while also serving as a benchmark and a road map for schools to improve in the future.
- The Department of School Education and Literacy first distributed the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar in 2016-17 in order to increase self-motivation and sanitation awareness.
- The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2021-22 is open to all types of schools, including government, government-aided, and private schools in both rural and urban areas.
- The ability to participate in schools will be evaluated via an online system and mobile app in six subcategories, with the system automatically generating their overall score and rating.
- Water, sanitation, soap-free hand washing, operation and maintenance, behavior change and capacity building, and the newly added category of COVID-19 preparedness and response are among the sub-categories.
- This year, 40 schools will be chosen at the national level in the overall category.
- Under the Samagra Shiksha scheme, the award cash has been increased from Rs 50,000 to Rs 60,000 per school.
- In addition, for the first time, six sub-category awards with award cash of Rs. 20,000/- per school have been introduced.