Somalian PM Mohamed Hussein Roble Suspended
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
29 December 2021 Current Affairs:Mohamed Hussein Roble, Somalia’s prime minister, has been suspended.
- The Prime Minister has been suspended by President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo, who is accused of involvement in land theft.
- Mohamed Roble accused the President of attempting a coup and declared that he would stay in office.
- He urged the security forces to follow his orders instead of Mr. Farmajo’s. Farmajo’s term officially ended in February, but it was extended due to disagreements over how to elect a new president.
- Since the overthrow of long-serving ruler Siad Barre in 1991, Somalia has lacked an effective central government.
- Disputes between rival politicians and clans plague the country. It is also fighting an al-Qaeda-affiliated insurgency known as al-Shabab.
- Somalia’s capital is Mogadishu, and the Somali shilling is the country’s currency.