SEBIs Investor Charter
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
♦ The first proposal for an investor charter was made in the Union Budget for 2021-2022, with the goal of protecting investors against financial product mis-selling.
♦ Investors in the Indian securities market can now sign the Investor Charter. It covers investor rights and obligations, as well as the dos and don’ts of investing in the securities market.
♦ It was made public in order to safeguard “investors’ interests by allowing them to understand the dangers involved.”
♦ Users will also be able to invest in a fair, transparent, and secure market, as well as get services that are timely and efficient.
♦ The charter would guarantee that SEBI-registered intermediaries and regulated businesses follow their investor charters, which will include a grievance redressal process.
♦ Investors will be granted the following rights under the Investor Charter:
- Obtain equal and fair treatment.
- Investor complaints registered in the ‘Sebi Complaints Redress System (SCORES)’ should be resolved quickly.
- Get excellent services from SEBI-approved market infrastructure organisations.
♦ Investors will be held accountable for:
- Deal with SEBI-registered regulated organisations or intermediaries as well as SEBI-recognised market infrastructure institutions.
- Update their contact information, such as their address, email address, phone number, nomination, and other KYC information.
- Ensure that concerns are addressed by the appropriate entities in a timely way.
- Ascertain that their accounts are used solely for their own gain.