Olaf Scholz Is New German Chancellor
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
09 December 2021 Current Affairs:Olaf Scholz, a social democrat is selected as the New German Chancellor by German lawmakers.
- German parliamentarians have officially elected Social Democrat Olaf Scholz as the new chancellor, ending Angela Merkel’s 16-year reign as chancellor.
- He will lead a government made up of his Social Democrat Party, the pro-business Free Democrats, and the Greens
- This is a never-before-tried coalition of parties at the federal level in Germany.
- Scholz, age 63, was sworn in as Germany’s next chancellor after previously serving as vice-chancellor and finance minister under Merkel’s administration.
- Olaf Scholz has received at least 369 votes, which is the required majority.
- He is chosen chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany under Article 63, paragraph 2 of the German Constitution.