Nuclear War UNSC Statement
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
05 January 2022 Current Affairs:On 3 January 2022, the Kremlin released a UNSC declaration on nuclear war.
- In a joint declaration, Russia, China, the United Kingdom, the United States, and France said further nuclear proliferation and a nuclear conflict should be avoided.
- These five countries also want to avoid nuclear war and minimize strategic risks. They also want to engage with all nations to create a secure environment.
- Countries agreed in a united statement that a nuclear war cannot be won and should never be conducted.
- They also stated that as long as nuclear weapons exist, they should be used for defense purposes, prevent conflict, and discourage aggression.
- A joint statement was issued in light of worsening bilateral ties between the US and Russia. Since the conclusion of the Cold War, the relationship between the two countries has degraded to its lowest point.
- Relations between the US and China are likewise at an all-time low.