New COVID Vaccines And Pill Approved By India
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
29 December 2021 Current Affairs:On December 28, 2021, India approved two more covid vaccines and one pill.
- The Corbevax and Covovax vaccines were approved by the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO).
- Molnupiravir, an antiviral drug, was also approved. It should only be used in an emergency.]
- In India, the number of approved covid-19 vaccines for emergency use has increased to eight.
- In India, the Corbevax covid-19 vaccine is the first RBD protein sub-unit vaccine developed in-house. Biological-E, a company based in Hyderabad, created it.
- Covovax is a nanoparticle vaccine that will be produced by the Serum Institute of India in Pune.
- Molnupiravir is a type of antiviral medication. It will be manufactured in India by 13 companies for limited use in the event of an emergency.
- It will be used to treat adult covid-19 patients who are at a high risk of disease progression.
Approved Covid Vaccines
- Serum Institute’s Covishield
- Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin
- Zydus Cadila’s ZyCoV-D
- Russia’s Sputnik V
- US-made Moderna and
- US-made Johnson and Johnson