New Camera Satellite With 5m Resolution Launched By China
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
30 December 2021 Current Affairs:According to China’s National Space Administration, a new satellite has been launched with a camera capable of taking photos of the ground with a resolution of five meters (CNSA).
- “Ziyuan-1 02E,” or “Five Meter 02 Optical Satellite,” is the name of the satellite.
- A Long March-4C rocket launched from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in Beijing Province at 10 a.m. Beijing time.
- Shanxi is a province in China (northern China).
- This is the 403rd launch of the Long Marche series and the 39th launch of the Longue Marche-4C rocket.
- The Ziyuan-1 02E is a 2.5-kilogram camera that has infrared, near-infrared, and hyperspectral capabilities.
- The cameras can capture images of the Earth in panchromatic color.
- The satellite will work in tandem with the five-meter optical satellite 01 to cut the time it takes to revisit Chinese territory from three to two days.
- Engineers will use the images captured by the satellite pair to study China’s geological environment and search for minerals.