National Minorities Rights Day
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
20 December 2021 Current Affairs:Every year on 18 December, India commemorates Minorities Rights Day.
- This day is commemorated to promote the right to freedom and equal opportunity for ethnic minorities in India and raise awareness about minorities’ respect and dignity.
- Since British rule, India has encountered numerous challenges in fundamental human rights.
- These rights, however, were protected after independence, and people must be made aware of them.
- As a result, every year on 18 December, we commemorate Minorities Rights Day.
- Minority Rights Day 2021 aims to promote all minority groups in society and encourage them to express themselves. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, all workshops, seminars, and discussions will most likely be held online.
- The United Nations designated 18 December as Minorities Rights Day in 1992.
- Individuals belonging to religious or linguistic national or ethnic minorities had their rights recognized by the United Nations.
- The National Commission for Minorities (NCM) in India is organizing the events on this day.
- The National Commission for Minorities (NCM) was founded by the Union Government in 1992 under the National Commission for Minorities Act.