Maharashtra Schools To Have UNICEF Climate Change Curriculum
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
15 December 2021 Current Affairs:Maharashtra Government set to introduce a broad curriculum for Grades 1 to 8 to teach climate-consciousness and green values to the next generation.
- This new curriculum has been developed by the Department of Environment and global climate change and UNICEF.
- The curriculum is known as the “Majhi Vasundhara (MV) Curriculum”.
- It is being introduced to teach application-based awareness on issues like global climate change among students from Grades I-VIII.
- This awareness will be raised among students by keeping a balance between traditional and native knowledge.
- Maharashtra Government launched My Vasundhara (My Earth) initiative environmental conservation and protection, focusing on all the five elements of nature called “Panchmahabhutas”.
- MV Curriculum is critical because, during this hour of climate emergency, the survival of humans on Earth entirely depends on our actions.
- The introduction of this curriculum is an effort to urge subsequent generations to start with green fingers and be proactively involved in a pro-earth lifestyle.
- This curriculum is about helping children interact with their environment in a better manner.
- It’ll help prepare young minds to respect, protect and save the environment.
- Development of the Curriculum also holds the key to NEP’s success.