Ken-Betwa River Interlinking Project Approved
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
10 December 2021 Current Affairs:The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has authorized the Ken-Betwa river interlinking project.
- The overall cost of the Ken-Betwa link project has been projected at Rs. 44,605 crore at 2020-21 price levels.
- The Union Cabinet has authorized a total of Rs. 39,317 crore in central funding for the project, including a grant of Rs. 36,290 crore and a loan of Rs. 3,027 crore.
- The project will be implemented through the Ken-Betwa Link Project Authority (KBLPA), a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV).”
- The project includes the construction of the Daudhan dam across the Betwa River from Ken and the transfer of water via a canal connecting the two rivers
- It also includes the Lower Orr project, the Kotha barrage, and the Bina complex multipurpose project.
- The project will irrigate 10.62 million hectares per year, provide potable water to 62 million people, and create 103 megawatts of electricity and 27 MW of solar power.