International Human Solidarity Day Is On 20 December
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
20 December 2021 Current Affairs:Every year on 20 December, the world commemorates International Human Solidarity Day to celebrate unity in variety and promote awareness about the value of solidarity.
- According to the United Nations Millennium Declaration, Solidarity is one of the core concepts necessary to international interactions.
- The International Human Solidarity Day is to,
- to celebrate our diversity
- to remind governments to honor their international commitments
- to raise public awareness of the importance of solidarity
- to encourage debate on how to promote solidarity for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, including poverty eradication
- of action to encourage new poverty eradication initiatives.
- Solidarity is a psychological sense of togetherness and relationships in a society that binds people together as one.
- By resolution 60/209, adopted on 22 December 2005, the United Nations General Assembly identified solidarity as one of the fundamental and universal values that should underpin relations between peoples in the twenty-first century and declared 20 December as International Human Solidarity Day.