India-Poland Treaty Approved By Cabinet
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
17 December 2021 Current Affairs:On December 15, 2021, the Union Cabinet ratified an agreement between India and Poland on mutual legal assistance in criminal issues.
- Through mutual legal aid, this pact aims to improve India’s and Poland’s capabilities and effectiveness in the investigation and prosecution of crimes. It will also encompass terrorism-related offenses.
- Through reciprocal legal support, it also aims to improve the effectiveness of crime investigation and prosecution.
- The treaty will offer a legal basis for bilateral collaboration with Poland in the investigation and prosecution of transnational crime and its links to terrorism.
- It will also establish bilateral cooperation in the tracing, detention, and confiscation of criminal proceeds and instruments, including cash used to fund terrorist attacks.
- By involving Poland, the deal will also improve India’s efficacy in combating illegal activity.