Hong Kongs Zero COVID Policy
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
13 December 2021 Current Affairs:Hong Kong implemented its new ‘Zero Covid Policy’ on 6 December.
- With the execution of new rules, visitors from the United States will be subjected to the highest quarantine efforts in the semi-autonomous city, including some of the most challenging anti-Covid policies worldwide.
- Hongkong will drive the US the first country past Africa to be put under the quarantine center demand since the Omicron variant was first noticed in November.
- Only fully immunized tourists from the US will be permitted to enter Hong Kong and be needed to spend their first seven days at a quarantine centre attended by daily testing and health monitoring.
- Following this, they will need to spend another 14 days in quarantine at a hotel booked in advance.
Hong kong’s strategy
- Hong Kong has heeded China’s pointer in adopting a “zero-Covid strategy” that led to the most stringent quarantine and testing measures worldwide and has kept infections low.
- Hong Kong is a city and particular executive region of China, located on the eastern Pearl River Delta in South China.
- It has more than 7.5 million inhabitants of various nationalities, and it is one of the most densely populated places worldwide.
- It is one of the most progressive cities globally, with the most expensive housing.