Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
05 January 2022 Current Affairs:On 3 January 2021, Bengaluru police detained an engineering student for questioning in connection with their investigation into two apps where photographs of Muslim women were posted to “auction” them.
- The latest app was discovered on 1 January when authorities were approached by women who had been targeted. The last application was released in July 2021.
- A second-year civil engineering student was brought into the prison. He had a Twitter account to share stuff from the app.
- Unknown persons were named in an FIR filed by Mumbai cyber police under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 153A, 153 B, 295A, 354D, 500, and 509, and Section 67 of the Information Technology Act.
- The case was initiated based on the claims of several of the women whose photos were utilized in the app.
- The July app is also being investigated by the Intelligent Fusion and Strategic Operations Unit (IFSO).
- The guy was arrested about the outcry over the disturbing online ‘auction’ of Muslim women through GitHub’s ‘Sulli Deals.’
- ‘Bulli Bai,’ a similar platform, distributed profiles and photographs of women asking others to participate in an ‘auction.’
- Sulli Deals and Bulli Bai were developed on the GitHub open-source platform.
- It is an Internet hosting company specializing in Git version control and software development.
- It includes Git’s source code management (SCM) and shared version control functions, as well as its own. Access control and collaboration tools such as feature requests, issue tracking, task management, project wikis, and continuous integration are also included in the app.
- It is based in California and has been a Microsoft subsidiary since 2018. Open-source projects are frequently hosted on this platform.
- It is not a social media platform but rather a software repository enabling programmers and coders to keep their software code online.
- GitHub claims to have over 73 million developers and 200 million repositories as of November 2021.