Former Supreme Court Judge Nanavati Passed Away
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
22 December 2021 Current Affairs:Former Supreme Court Judge Justice GT Nanavati, who oversaw the 2002 Godhra riots, has Passed Away.
- Justice Girish Thakorlal Nanavati, a former Supreme Court judge who oversaw two inquiry panels into the 2002 Godhra Riots and the 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots, has died.
- Justice Girish Thakorlal Nanavati died at the age of 86.
- In March 1995, he was elevated to the Supreme Court of India as a Judge, and he retired as an SC Judge in February 2000.
- According to family relatives, the former Supreme Court judge died of heart failure at 1:15 p.m. on December 18 in Gujarat.
- Nanavati, who was born on February 17, 1935, was admitted to the Bombay High Court as an advocate on February 11, 1958.
- On July 19, 1979, he was appointed as a permanent judge of the Gujarat High Court, and on December 14, 1993, he was transferred to the Orissa High Court.
- With effect from January 31, 1994, Nanavati was appointed Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court.
- From September 28, 1994, he served as Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court. Nanavati was nominated to the Supreme Court on March 6, 1995, and served until her retirement on February 16, 2000.