First UNDP Youth Climate Champion
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
22 January 2022 Current Affairs:Prajakta Koli, a content creator, and artist has been named India’s first UNDP Youth Climate Champion.
- She was awarded the honor as a result of her collaboration with the UNDP.
- Her title was bestowed to her in recognition of her contributions to mental health, female child education, and women’s rights through different international social movements.
- Because the tremors of these issues are being felt by all sections of society, including poor and marginalized communities, Prajakta will now be entrusted with interacting with young minds in order to raise awareness on issues such as global warming, climate crisis, biodiversity loss, and their impacts, as part of her responsibilities.
- Prajakta Koli, better known by her YouTube channel “Mostlysane,” is an Indian YouTuber and actress.
- She creates comedic videos, focusing on observational comedy in everyday circumstances. Prajakta Koli has previously spoken out against body shaming and online bullying with her song “Shameless” as part of her campaign #iPledgeToBeMe.
- In 2016, on World Mental Health Day, the campaign was launched. She represents YouTube’s ‘Creators For Change’ project as a worldwide ambassador.
- She is well-known for bringing attention to trolling, homophobia, and female subordination with her “No Offence Campaign.”
- On International Tolerance Day, her “No Offense Campaign” was featured at the United Nations offices in New York.
- She participated in three initiatives and social cause partnerships in 2018:
- the first was with YouTube for the Social Impact Girl’s Education campaign,
- the second was with Instagram for their Safer Internet Week campaign,
- and the third was with One.org for their Girl Education campaign.
- She was invited to the “annual Goalkeepers Summit” by the “Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation” in 2019.
- She joined Google’s Impact Challenge in 2021, which provides awards to non-profits working to reduce economic inequity for girls and women.
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) was founded in 1965 by the United Nations. The company’s headquarters are in New York City.
- The organization assists countries in eradicating poverty and attaining long-term economic growth and human development.
- It is the United Nations’ largest development aid agency, with operations in 170 countries.