ED Suresh Jadhav Passes away
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
10 December 2021 Current Affairs:Dr. Suresh Jadhav, the Executive Director of the Serum Institute of India, has died.
- He contributed significantly to the creation of the Covishield vaccination.
- He was a member of a number of national and international organizations and bodies.
- India’s Serum Institute is the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer.
- It is the second business to apply to the Drugs Controller General of India for approval of a vaccine candidate.
- He began his career with a CSIR research scholarship.
- From 2004 to 2008, he served as President of the Developing Countries Vaccine Manufacturers Network (DCVMN).
- On the GAVI board, he represented the Serum Institute of India.
- He was instrumental in obtaining WHO pre-qualifications for a number of items.
- Since 1992, he has served as Executive Director.