Architect Richard Rogers Passes Away
Please Subscribe and Get Daily Updates in Your Inbox!!!
24 December 2021 Current Affairs:Richard Rogers, the Pritzker Prize-winning architect, has passed away on 18 December.
- Richard Rogers, a Pritzker Prize-winning British-Italian architect, died at his home in London, United Kingdom.
- In 2007, he was awarded the Pritzker Prize, also known as the Nobel Prize for Architecture. He was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1991 after receiving the Knight Bachelor.
- He designed the new World Trade Center (3 World Trade Center) in New York City, the Centre Pompidou in Paris, and the Millennium Dome in London, all of which are located in the United States.
- When he won the Pritzker Prize for Architecture in 2007, the jury praised his “unique interpretation of the modern movement’s fascination with the building as machine”
- It was also said that he “revolutionised museums, transforming what had once been elite monuments into popular places of social and cultural exchange, woven into the heart of the city.”