Top Current Affairs 27 October 2020: This post contains the latest current affairs for 27 October 2020 that are important for all competitive exams like Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also attempt our Current Affairs Quiz after reading our daily current affairs.
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Celebrates 59th Raising Day
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) observed its 59th Raising Day on 24 October 2020.
- ITBP is India’s primary border patrol organization with its border with Tibet (China).
- It is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces of India.
- ITBP was formed on 24 October 1962, under the CRPF Act, in the wake of the Sino-Indian War of 1962.
- In 2020, a budget of Rs 7,223 crore has been allocated for the ITBP and more than Rs 15 crore has been sanctioned for management.
Bangladesh Government Adopts ‘No Mask, No Service’ policy
- The Bangladeshi Government-led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has adopted “No Mask, No Service” policy to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Under the policy, no service will be provided to people who don’t wear mask, and even no one will be allowed to enter offices (public and private) without the mask.
- All offices must also install notice boards saying ‘no mask, no service’ in order to control the spread of COVID 19 virus in the country.
- The mask-wearing at all public and private institutions, market places and other places of worship has been made mandatory from now on.
Samsung Tops Forbes’ list of World’s Best Employer 2020, HCL Tops among Indian list
- South Korea based electronics conglomerate Samsung Electronics has topped the list of ‘World’s Best Employer 2020 published by Forbes’.
- The global list features 750 multinational and large corporations headquartered in 45 countries.
- Amazon, IBM, Microsoft LG are among the top 5 in the list respectively.
- From India, HCL Technologies is top industry in the list. It is placed at 30th position globally.
- In Banking sector, HDFC Bank is top from India. It is at 176th position.
- In addition to this, state-run power giant NTPC Ltd. has topped the list among Indian PSUs. Globally it is ranked at 261 positions.
Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan elected President of Seychelles
- Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan has been elected as the President of Seychelles. Seychelles has elected an opposition candidate as president for the first time since 1977.
- Ramakalwan is a priest of Indian Origin whose grandfather came from Gopalganj, Bihar.
- He has defeated the incumbent Danny Faure.
World Day for Audiovisual Heritage: 27 October
- The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is held every year on 27 October.
- The day was chosen by UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in 2005 to raise awareness of the significance and preservation risks of recorded sound and audiovisual documents.
- The theme of the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2020: “Your Window to the World”.
Vigilance Awareness Week 2020 Being Observed from 27 October 2020 to 02 November 2020
- The Vigilance Awareness Week 2020, is being celebrated from 27 October to 2 November, 2020.
- The is observed every year by the Central Vigilance Commission during the week in which the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (31 October) falls.
- The theme for 2020 Vigilance Awareness Week is Vigilant India, Prosperous India (सतर्क भारत, समृद्ध भारत – Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat).
- The awareness week campaign affirms our commitment to promotion of integrity and probity in public life through citizen participation.
- In 2020, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is hosting a National Conference on Vigilance and Anti-Corruption from 27 to 29 October, 2020, which will be addressed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.